The Rapture Is Biblical
Written By Pastor Freddie L Beard,
(scripture in outline)
I first want to start by saying that if a person goes to a bible search program, and puts the word rapture, into the search query: they will not come up with anything (if searching the divine scriptures) .
The word “rapture” is the rendering into modern English of the word (harpadzo) . And This word means… 1) to seize, carry off by force 2) to seize on, claim for one’s self eagerly, 3) to snatch out or away.
I. THE “CATCHING AWAY OF THE SAINTS”, AND “THE
FIRST RESURRECTION”.ARE ONE AND THE SAME.
I know some of you may not have ever put these two events
together in your mind. But we shall look at the scripture, and see
“whether these things be so”
A. The Resurrection/ Rapture is a “basic” bible doctrine.
1 A “Promise” of Our LORD Jesus. John 14: 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2. The resurrection is the “consummation” of the “redeemed”. Eph.1: 12-1412 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trustedb in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
3.. Even though the religious try to deny it..
Matt. 22:23 – 33 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,…
4 It is the “blessed Hope”. Titus 2:12-1512 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the gloriousd appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
5. It is “the Christians” consolation when we lose a loved one. 1Thes..4:13- 18 (read below)
6. Participation in the “first resurrection”, guarantees one
exclusion from “the second death”. Rev. 20: 4 – 64 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
II. THE IMPORTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING, AND
DEFENDING THE FIRST RESURRECTION / RAPTURE.
1. The Apostle Paul stresses that “ignorance” breeds “sorrow”.1 Thes 4 : 1313 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
2. Paul taught that… “Hope in THIS LIFE ONLY” brings misery. 1 Cor. 15:19 -2019 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
3. When the brethren “have this hope”, they can “minister” to others who have no hope. 2 Tim 2:6 6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
4. The Bible says in the “last days” that there would be
“scoffers” (false teachers), coming against the “promise” of the second coming. 2 Peter 3:3-4 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5. Preaching Of the “coming judgment” Provokes one to a holy, Godly, lifestyle. 2 Pet. 3:11-14 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hastinga unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
6. “Sober” faith was the last admonition of The LORD, To the church just before His return. Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
A. His last words to the church(the Laodicean church) for
before the RAPTURE (Rev. 4 1). Rev 3: 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
III. SOME FINAL THOUGHTS ABOUT THE RAPTURE FOR
EVERY HUMAN BEING TO CONSIDER !
1. ARE YOU READY? Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
2. Is there any thing between your soul, and the Savior? Mat 7:13 ¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the
way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
3. Christian is your heart growing lukewarm?Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.
4. Sinner, you have heard the word of the LORD, He is about to return, Come today, COME, COME… HE IS CALLING, COME!
“behold I c ome quickly”.Rev. 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
I think it is nearer than we think. Jesus said, in…Mat 24:32
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh:
Fig tree represents the nation of Israel, who was made a sovereign nation in “one day” on May 14 1948 after not having been one since about a.d. 70. They are still a VERY YOUNG nation.
What a miracle of God!!
ARE YOU READY FOR THE RAPTURE?
The following message may be used for the glory of Jesus Christ,
But may not be sold.
Written by Pastor Freddie L Beard 2007