Text – 1 Thessalonians 5 : 14
– Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort
the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all [men].
Some think Church is about …..
“fun”. The gist of fun is to play, You don’t play games with God!
” “……- “entertainment” ( want entertainment? go to a circus)
” ” ……- ” self-esteem” ( your head is big enough you need to
repent of the pride …)
” ” ……- ” community” ( all that is in the world is lust of the
flesh, lest of the eyes, and the pride of life)
” ” …….- ” eating” ( Paul said you have homes to eat in)
” ” …….- ” pep talks” – ” motivation stimulation” ( I am trying to
motivate you to serve God, and live. anything else is “hogwash”)
” ” …….- ” a baby sitter” ( It isn’t doing you any good to send
your child to church, and you not serve God too)
The Church of Jesus Christ is not a “make me feel better about
myself institution”. It is a Living, breathing life giving vessel to
declare the WORD OF GOD! To lift up the name of Jesus,. To
worship GOD (NOT ourselves, BUT GOD!!) Idoltry is a very
wicked sin, and much of the Church today is guilty of it!
More about “self”: in a few, I want to focus on
I. The “mission” of The Church.
1. Jesus “great commission, is comprised of one major task… and
that is to “GO and PREACH THE GOSPEL to every creature”.
* The Gospel being “Jesus Christ and Him crucified”. 1 Cor. 1: 17
– 18 (.)
* And He said to “preach the gospel”,
* NOT “example the gospel”, or any one of a myriad of other
“methods used” to “lead a soul to Christ” (which is not Biblical).
Technically We don’t lead them to Jesus, The Father does. And He
reveals himself to them, “BY PREACHING. “
1 Corin. 1 : 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by
wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of
preaching to save them that believe.
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me
draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.John 6:44
* Not all will receive it, but all must hear it.
Mathew 24:14 – And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached
in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end
II. Concerning the rejection of The Gospel…
1. Be careful rejecting Gods call to be saved, Or His plea to change
your sinful ways. It may have severe, and eternally damning
– 2 Thes. 2:10-12 –
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that
perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they
might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that
they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but
had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2. God will even someday mock “Christ- rejectors”, or spurners
of His WORD.
(another fact the ” self-esteemer’s” fail to tell their disciples.)
Prov 1: 24-28 –
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out
my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction
cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall
seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of
III. And Now back to “self”, and The Problem of “Self”.
1. Christ came to save “you”.Before God saves us.We are lost, and
undone, without GOD! By our sinful nature we are born in an
unruly state! We need to be saved, and taught the ways of God to
not continue in the state of unruliness, that will lead one into an
eternal perpetual separation from God.
2. “You” can not save yourself.
3. “You” must be “born-again”.
4. “You” must be Holy. But not “holier than thou”
* Each of these point out “you” have some serious problems. And
Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer to them all! Jesus is the source,
the cross is the means.
* What will “you” do with Christs’ call, or Christs’ Correction?
Look at #1
1. Jesus came to save you!
-You can only come when He draws you.
-Today is the day of salvation. You may not have a tomorrow.
2. You can not save your self! good works, good intentions, good
ol’ boys, ain’t good enough.
Your sins must be cleansed to enter heaven, and Jesus
BLOOD is the only cleanser!
– Even religious self will hold no clout with God.
– Religious affiliation will not open the door to heaven.
– Merely dawning a church door, and warming a pew will not
withhold His Holy hand of judgment.
* Jesus said unless you repent, You shall ALL likewise perish.
3. Jesus said,” you must be born again”. This happens at the point
of a truly repentant heart, calling upon Jesus to save them, and to
forgive them! Romans 10:9 – 10
– Jesus said we will “know them by their fruits”.
– Christian people want real change in their lives.
– They keep His commandments…
4. We must be Holy.
– Holiness is a state of the heart.
– If your heart is pure, Your actions will be.
– If you have Holiness, and Holier than thou confused; here is
a little help.
A. God will sanctify you (Make you Holy) as you maintain
your faith in His finished work on the Cross. Not your pious
attempts to appear Holy. (TRUST JESUS)! Don’t look at what
you do, Keep your eyes on Jesus. Can you see the worship of
Jesus by doing so?
– At the point of failing to maintain ones faith in Jesus, The
bible speaks of the ability of “falling from the faith”. This is
sometimes confused with an act of sin, But actually is speaking of
an heart of unbelief or when one no longer submits to the Holy
Spirit and becomes “lukewarm”, or even “cold” both of which the
LORD said He will “spew” you from His Body, “the Church”.
* So consider the issue at hand. The LORD said to…
” warn those who are unruly”.
– To be “unruly” =
1) disorderly, out of ranks (often so of soldiers)
2) irregular, inordinate, immoderate pleasures
3) deviating from the prescribed order or rule
* The Bible tells us that just prior to Jesus’ return. – There would
be a “great falling away”, each of these “gross sins” are rampant in
churches all around the world today!
– A departure from truth. (by Christians, because the lost can’t
depart from something they have never had.)
– Sexual promiscuity would be rampant.
– Men would be lovers of them own selves.
– Children would be disobedient to parents.
– Homosexuality, and lesbianism would be rampant.
* What does the Bible say about these things?
– Does it say for us to… Tell them God loves them “AS THEY
ARE”? ( This kind of preaching misleads an unrepentant sinner in a
wrong way), Many preachers tell homosexuals they are ok as being
“gay” they only need to be born- again!?!? that is an oxymoron
(born-again Homosexual-Christian) impossible!
– Does it say for us to… Speak “positive things in the hope we
will win them to Christ”? ( Before you can be saved you have to
hear the awful truth of your sinfulness). …” we have ALL sinned,
and fall short of the glory of GOD”….Rom.3:23
– Does it say to… ” ignore it and maybe it will all go away” ?
– Does it say to… ” quit preaching and just start living a
virtuous life in front of them”? NO! and yes (explain )
NO NO NO it tells us to keep preaching the WORD of God. ( In
season, and out of season)- It isn’t popular right now to preach the
pure, unadulterated, Word of God. But the man of God will be
judged as to “what he preached”.
And as several other scriptures charge us, So does this one we are
WARN THEM WHO ARE UNRULY!!!
Eze 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto
the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth,
and warn them from me.
Are you saved?, ARE YOU SURE ?
Are you living right ? “If we say we walk in light, and walk in
darkness we lie”…
Are you living in sin ?
Are committing adultery ?
Are you running from GOD ?
Are you fornicating ?
Are you stealing ?
Are you hooked on drugs ?
Are you rejecting God ?
Are you disobeying God ?
Are you serving God in Spirit, and in Truth ?
Everyone please bow your heads. Saints Pray.
– Has the LORD convicted you of something? You need to
run to the LORD right now!
Don’t wait He may not draw you next time.
– This could be your only opportunity to make things right!
If you are in any of this sinfulness, I am doing my part tonight to
warn you, God said they who do such things shall NOT enter into
– Are you sick and tired of the depression, and sadness, the
guilt, and the shame?
– Are you playing games with God ? You had better heed the
“WARNING” the Spirit speaks to you NOW!
1 Thessalonians 5 : 14 – Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them
that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be
patient toward all [men].
John 6: 44 – No man can come to me, except the Father which hath
sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Math. 6: 24 – No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate
the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and
despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Revelation 3 : 20 – Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any
man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and
will sup with him, and he with me.
Won’t you turn from your sinful ways, and let Him in ?
This message outline was written by Pastor Freddie L Beard, It
may be used for the Glory of GOD, but may not be sold, or placed
in any book, or any mass publication without the express written
permission of the author. copyright© 2009